Add Linux support

First off, it’s fun.

And it can work as the go to solution for players on low-end PCs, now that some older versions of Windows reached their EOL.

There is a small % of linux users, first. It’s not worth it.
The second - buy pc that costs 50$ - core 2 quad, nvidia card, 4gb ram and this will be enough

2 Likes

I agree

No anticheats are currently supporting neither Linux, nor MacOS

The reason is that it is completely new code for 1% of players that can easily switch to Windows system which is the most capable for gaming and as it was said here, you can buy cheap computer and play, no reason to use Linux for this case.

4 Likes

core 2 quad is not enough to play on fastcup servers. Well, its enough to play cs but without the gameguard due heavy loads

man it’s enough core 2 duo

Games are so massive these days that I wouldn’t be surprised if 10 years from now they started coming as standalone bootable applications with Linux used as the base. I’m probably not the only one to think so judging from what Valve has developed and invested in lately.

The near future of operating systems is also application isolation which is an environment where no anticheat can work. Think Android or iOS.

1 Like

You can use Windows 7 or 8.1 for low-end PCs. Windows 7 supports GameGuard AC.

srsly - pls add linux support :confused:

Nowadays it’s almost perfectly possible to play many titles like Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V, Elden Ring, Apex Legends on Linux, thanks to compatibility layers Wine and Proton. Valve did a great job creating Steam Deck, which is also running on Linux and allows to play most of games. Some anti-cheats can run through these layers. So, maybe you don’t need to rewrite all the code.
We don’t want to buy computers or dual-boot, because it’s annoying to have Windows. It takes up space, removes Linux bootloader, spies on users. Especially, if you need to play one game.
Multi-platform anti-cheat would be the main advantage compared to others. More players would play on your servers and 1% is actually thousands of players who want to just play the game.
I hope you consider to add Linux support for anti-cheat.